You have decided to embrace the dream of installing a pool. The next thing to consider is what you need to research before beginning your project. Installing a pool is a major renovation which can go south quickly if you don’t follow the right steps.
If you are like a lot of other homeowners and never seem to have time to organize your home, Houspect has some suggestions for attractive ways to get back on top of your game.
You may be renovating your kitchen or planning a new build and considering the most effective kitchen layout. Once a separate space, kitchens were designed firstly to be functional, now the focus is on open-plan, making the kitchen an integral part of the
A new home or renovation is a valuable commodity. You should always check credentials and references to ensure you make a wise and informed decision when choosing the right builder for your project.
Conserving water in New South Wales is a challenge for homeowners – especially during a drought. We use water in so many daily activities and chores that it’s often easy to forget that, as a resource, it is not always readily available.
You may be preparing to design a new kitchen and considering the most effective layout. Once a separate space, kitchens were designed to be functional, nowadays the focus is on open-plan living making the kitchen an integral part of the design plan
Curb appeal is the catchphrase you will hear most often when selling a home. The term is often associated with spending money to make a property look more appealing to potential buyers.
Building a home can become complex, with a multitude of factors to consider. The reality is, there are more than ten ways to make a build easier, however, these tips will help you navigate the process and help you achieve your dream home.
You’re building a house: this is your opportunity to make one of the greatest investments of your life, whether you intend on retiring in your new home or eventually selling at a profit.
Whether you like it or not, you can’t just drop your dream home on any block and hope that it works. There are so many factors to consider that it takes multiple different construction professionals working together to make an impactful home design a real
Whether you're building a new home, buying or selling an existing property, renovating or investing, Houspect offers services that can assist you at every stage of your real estate investment.We offer Stage Construction Inspections, Building and Pest inspections and as well as Building Depreciation Inspections.
Construction Inspection & Reports, Professional Construction, New Home & Renovation Inspectors – Why Inspect?
Building a new home or renovating an existing house is a complex process. Sometimes mistakes happen that you may not discover until it’s too late. Most builders are reputable but even the most reliable builder will make an error occasionally. A Houspect construction inspection lets you rest assured that your home is being built to the proper standards.
Stages of Construction Inspections
Houspect Building Inspections have a range of construction inspections to ensure that the method of construction and workmanship on your project are in accordance with Australian and Industry standards. Inspections are usually timed in accordance with the various stages, however we can be called upon at any time you need help.
What a construction inspection provides:
- We check that all the work completed is in accordance with the building plans.
- We check that all components of the building comply with current Australian Standards and Building Codes.
- We ensure that the workmanship is at an industry standard.
- We prepare a typed report listing all items to be rectified by the builder. This report is a legal document and can be used as evidence in court if necessary.
- For your peace of mind, our inspectors will ensure you are really getting what you have requested and paid for from the builder.
- Floor not to specification
- Floor incorrect size
- Floor lower than datum point
- No allowance for plumbing pipes
- Wrong number of brick courses
- Brick laying sub-standard
- Roof frame held together with string (true story)
- Roof covering not installed to manufacturers specification
- Power points too close to wash basin
- Kitchen cupboards not installed to a good standard of workmanship
- These problems do not occur in all houses, we are in business to ensure it doesn’t happen in your home.